Team Logo Design Using Canva
A team logo is oftentimes the most recognizable symbol of a team or organization. During this contest, students are asked to create, redesign, or refresh their school or team logo. This logo can then be used during team Twitch streams, on team jerseys, or on the team website.
Students should conduct some research as to what makes a good logo, and be aware of things to avoid in a team logo. A quick survey of peers to see what they envision as the perfect logo for their team might be a good idea as well. Students should be sure to keep their esports Club Advisor involved in the design process to ensure that logo remains appropriate, and will be able to be used after the contest.
The following are the submission guidelines for the Team Logo Design Using Canva. However, these are subject to change as we refine the process. Be sure to check back for updates before submitting an application. Entrants’ work will be reviewed by members of GSE, guest judges, and the community and judged on broad criteria with an emphasis on quality, creativity, and unique use of Canva as a design tool.
Entrants must be a member of their Garden State Esports sanctioned esports club at their school or community organization. Participants agree to understand that all submissions will be made available to the public, including without limitation, posting on the internet.
The Competition is open from September 28, 2021 and closes midnight est on November 28, 2021. Your Entry must be received within this period.
Entry Submission Requirements
- Logo designs must be for your GSE esports team and be made using Canva
- Final submissions must be exported as a .jpg or .png
- Entrants shall submit a written description, three-minute video or short Canva talking presentation reflecting on their logo design. The written description or video shall include an introduction of themselves, a description of their design submission, and a reflection of what they learned during the creation process using Canva.
- Logos must not contain material which is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Logos must not contain material which promotes illegal drugs (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message;
A panel of GSE staff and guest judges will vote on the final winner. The entry which receives a plurality of judges’ votes shall be named the overall winner.
The winner will be chosen subjectively, but judges will be asked to vote based upon a combination of the following: quality, creativity, and unique use of Canva as a design tool.
The prize for winning the Competition is as follows: (1) the winning logo design will be featured on Garden State Esports social media (2) the opportunity to be recognized at our Fall Finals event at Rutgers on Dec. 18th (3) the opportunity to become a paid GSE graphic design intern (4) A team set of t-shirts with the winning logo printed by Canva!
The winner will be announced during the week of December 9th and will be notified via personal/secondary email from a GSE representative. Notified winners must respond to the selection email to validate their contact details. Winners must claim their Prize by responding within 7 days of first contact. If the winner doesn’t reply to GSE by the designated date, the winner will be deemed to have declined the Prize. In that case, the winner will forfeit the rights to receive the Prize and GSE may select a new winner(s) at its sole discretion.
Participants agree to understand that the pictures and videos will be made available to the public, including without limitation posting on the internet.