Best GSE Highlight Video Using WeVideo
Highlight videos take the most exciting parts of a team’s match or season and put them together to create a video that showcases the best aspects of the team’s play. Highlight videos can also be used to showcase the individual talent and skill of a player for recruitment type purposes.
This competition asks students to create a highlight video of their team, or an individual player, from GSE Fall Championship Season games or Weekly Friendlies using WeVideo. Highlight videos should be 3 – 5 minutes in length, contain clips of gameplay footage that highlight the best aspects of the team or player. Videos can contain in-game or royalty-free music and/or commentary from shoutcasters, but students are encouraged to stay away from using licensed music (for copyright purposes). Reminder – All GSE Teams are eligible to use WeVideo as part of the GSE/WeVideo partnership. Speak to a GSE team member for more information.
The following are the submission guidelines for the 2021 Fall GSE Best Team Highlight Video. However, these are subject to change as we refine the process. Be sure to check back for updates before submitting an application. Entrants’ work will be reviewed by members of GSE, guest judges, and the community and judged on broad criteria with an emphasis on clip selection, use of assets and transitions, creativity, and energy.
Entrants must be a member of their Garden State Esports sanctioned esports club at their school or community organization. Participants agree to understand that all videos will be made available to the public, including without limitation, posting on the internet.
The Competition is open from September 28, 2021 and closes midnight est on November 28, 2021. Your Entry must be received within this period.
Entry Submission Requirements
- Highlight videos must be of your GSE team or individual player, use only footage from the 2021 GSE Fall Championship Season match or GSE Weekly Friendly, and be made using WeVideo.
- Highlight video should include an opening title screen, which includes important information such as team or player name, video editors names, school, etc.
- Entrants shall submit a written description or three-minute video reflecting on their highlight video. The written description or video shall include an introduction of themselves, a description of their design submission, and a reflection of what they learned during the creation process.
- The entry shall be submitted on YouTube with the entrants’ name, school name, and school district in the title. This video may be set to public or private.
- Videos must not contain any music for which they do not own the copyright
- Videos must not contain material which is sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Videos must not contain material which promotes illegal drugs (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message;
A panel of GSE staff and guest judges will vote on the final winner. The entry which receives a plurality of judges’ votes shall be named the overall winner. This winner will be known as the “Judge’s Choice” or “the winner.”
A second winner will also be selected based on the results of the community votes on the GSE contest page. This winner will be known as the “People’s Choice.”
The winner will be chosen subjectively, but judges will be asked to vote based upon a combination of the following: clip selection, use of assets and transitions, creativity, and energy.
The prize for winning the Competition is as follows: (1) the winning videos will be featured on Garden State Esports social media (2) the opportunity to be recognized at our Fall Finals event at Rutgers on Dec. 18th (3) the opportunity to become a paid video editing intern for Garden State Esports. (4) A prize pack sponsored by SHI. (5) $250 scholarship.
The winner will be announced during the week of December 9th and will be notified via personal/secondary email from a GSE representative. Notified winners must respond to the selection email to validate their contact details. Winners must claim their Prize by responding within 7 days of first contact. If the winner doesn’t reply to GSE by the designated date, the winner will be deemed to have declined the Prize. In that case, the winner will forfeit the rights to receive the Prize and GSE may select a new winner(s) at its sole discretion.
Participants agree to understand that the pictures and videos will be made available to the public, including without limitation posting on the internet.